As a parent, you want the best for your child and to have a healthy and happy life, it’s essential to make sure that they are always getting the best care possible.
When it comes to your doctor, there are many different specialties to choose from and one of them is pediatrics.
Pediatricians specialize in caring for children from birth through adolescence and into young adulthood. They often work with other doctors in their practice as well as other professionals who treat children such as nurses, therapists, psychologists and social workers.
The Importance Of Pediatric Care
The importance of early care and preventive measures cannot be understated, especially given that most people will have a child before they reach old age and family centered care and continuity of care are also important factors in ensuring a healthy population.
Pediatric Medicine and Pediatrics
As a pediatrician like Dr John Manzella, you’re going to be responsible for the health and well-being of children and this can range from physical illness to mental health issues, but it’s important to remember that you are also there as an educator.
Your patients learn from you every time they see you whether they’re learning about their own bodies or how to take care of themselves. You must have strong communication skills so that you can effectively communicate with parents and other caregivers in order for them all to work together towards one goal, keeping kids healthy.
What Is Pediatric Medicine
Pediatric medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with children from birth to adolescence. It includes the study, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases in children.
The Responsibility Of Pediatric Care
As a pediatrician like Dr John Manzella, it’s my job to care for children from birth until they turn 18 years old and this means that I will be responsible for detecting and treating any medical problems early on in their lives, preventing those problems from happening in the first place, educating parents about child development and more.
As a result of this training and because of the nature of our work we have many tools at our disposal when it comes to taking care of your child’s health needs:
- We are able to detect signs of illness or disease earlier than other types of doctors like family practitioners. This allows us an opportunity to treat whatever condition has developed before it becomes serious enough that additional treatment becomes necessary later down the line
- We also have access to many medications used specifically on children whose bodies react differently than adults’, so there’s less risk involved when giving them certain drugs such as antibiotics or antihistamines
Why Choose A Pediatrician As Your Doctor
If you’re wondering why it’s important to have a pediatrician as your doctor, here are some reasons:
- Pediatricians are trained to care for children and they have the experience and knowledge that helps them provide excellent medical care for children of all ages, from newborns to teens
- Pediatricians can help with all kinds of health issues in children from common colds and ear infections to more serious problems like asthma or diabetes
- They also know how best to treat those conditions so that your child gets better quickly without having any side effects from medications or treatment plans or both and this means less time spent at home recovering from illness